You know the old saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away?” Well, it just might be true!
Here are 5 surprising health benefits of apples.
1. Eating an apple a day was found to lower bad cholesterol while increasing good cholesterol.
2. Eating three servings per week cut the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in one large study.
3. Granny Smith apples may improve gut bacteria, helping to decrease obesity risk.
4. The phytochemicals may inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells.
5. Compounds in apples may help prevent dental cavities.
Related: 3 Heart-Healthy Foods