Avocados are not only savory but are also great for your nutrition. These are 10 health benefits from indulging in avocados.
1. Adding ½ of an avocado to your lunch can increase satiety and decrease the desire to eat
2. Avocados are a nutrient-dense fruit, containing nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients
3. Over 75% of the fat in an avocado is unsaturated, making it a great substitute for foods high in saturated fat
4. Their high monounsaturated fat content may promote lower LDL cholesterol levels
5. Avocados are rich in antioxidants that may aid in preventing and managing type 2 diabetes
6. Snacking on avocado instead of a carbohydrate rich snack may reduce belly fat
7. Avocados contain more potassium than bananas, a mineral which helps regulate blood pressure
8. One 3.5 ounce avocado provides more than a quarter of your daily fiber needs, promoting digestive health
9. Avocado eaters are less likely to develop metabolic syndrome, a precursor to heart disease and type 2 diabetes
10. The fat content in avocados helps you absorb nutrients such as carotenoids and vitamins A and E
Now go make some guac!