Nuts are nature’s healthy snacks, filled with rich nutrients and vitamins. Here are the top 7 nuts that can make a huge difference in your diet.
1. Walnuts. Rich in alpha linoleic acid, these nuts may help reduce the risk of sudden death associated with heart arrhythmias.
2. Pistachios. Snacking on pistachios instead of pretzels increased weight loss and improved triglyceride levels in one study.
3. Almonds. When calories were the same, a diet rich in almonds was found to be more effective at promoting weight loss than a diet rich in carbohydrates.
4. Brazil Nuts. Just two tiny nuts provide more than a full day’s worth of selenium, a nutrient essential for maintaining a strong immune system.
5. Peanuts. Rich in a number of antioxidants and nutrients, research shows peanuts may help protect against colon cancer.
6. Pine Nuts. They’re loaded with pinolenic acid, a nutrient that helps regulate appetite. They may help you eat less.
You’d be nuts to ignore these benefits!