Spring is here! We have spring break, spring cleaning and spring foods? That’s right! Here are 7 nutritious food that are best during the spring season.
1. Artichokes are so rich in nutrients that they rank in the top ten on the USDA’s antioxidant food list.
2. Pineapple is rich in the enzyme bromelain, which helps reduce exercise-induced muscle damage and inflammation, improving recovery times after a tough workout.
3. Spring garlic is rich in the compound allicin, which may inhibit the growth of cancer cells
4. Mangos contain polyphenolic compounds that research suggests may be protective against breast cancer
5. Cloves may help reduce blood sugar levels in people with diabetes
6. Vidalia onions sweet taste can enhance the flavor of any spring meal while providing a good source of immune enhancing vitamin C
7. Fava beans provide an excellent source of folate, a nutrient essential in early pregnancy for normal fetal development.
Now those are foods that make us want to spring into healthy eating!