Who says it’s bad to eat between meals?
Snack away with these 5 healthy tips!
1. Snacking in-between meals
May reduce hunger and cravings.
2. If you snack, make sure to reduce your total calorie intake at meals
A high calorie diet including snacks may increase the risk of fatty liver disease.
3. Use snacks to boost your nutrient intake
Snacking on fruits & vegetables can be a helpful way to meet your 5 servings per day.
4. Choose the veggies over the sweets
Snacking on vegetables is associated with a lower BMI & higher quality diet.
5. Be mindful of how you snack
Limit distractions and eat slowly to stay in tune with your hunger vs. satiety cues.
Related: 3 Metabolism Myths Busted