When your smackers are in need of a little TLC try these five soothing tips.
1. Stop licking your lips! You may think licking your lips offers relief but it actually creates more damage. Not good! That’s because saliva evaporates quickly leaving lips drier than before. You’ll just end up in a vicious lip licking cycle.
2. Pucker up! Apply an oil base lip balm containing petroleum or beeswax. You should always reapply often while outdoors and actually before eating.
3. Drink up! Fluids help prevent or heal chapped lips, which are more common in winter due to dry indoor air.
4. Set up a cool mist humidifier in your bedroom or office. Your lips will thank you later for this.
5. Make sure not to mistake a painful sore for chapped lips. If your sore won’t heal you should definitely go see your doc.
Now it’s time for these lips to get a little TLC!