Get smart about the sun! Follow these sunscreen rules.
1. Apply early and often. Lather on water resistant sunscreen 30 minutes before going to the beach or outside. Reapply every 2 hours.
2. Coat yourself. It takes about 9 teaspoons to cover your body from head to toe with sunscreen.
3. Check your head. The most commonly missed spots are: temples, ears, back of the neck, top of the feet and hands.
Related article: The Sun: Our Worst Frenemy
4. Add it to your makeup routine. Before putting on makeup, apply 1 teaspoon of sunscreen to your face, neck and ears.
5. Stick to the magic number. No matter which brand you choose, make sure your sunscreen is at least SPF 30.