If you’ve ever dated online, you know how overwhelming it can be to sort through thousands of profiles. Here are 5 things to keep in mind so you’re noticed.
1. Be specific. Specifics are a great way to capture interest and give the person who wants to contact you- something to refer to. So-instead of saying, “I love to travel.” Talk about the best trip you ever took.
2. Ask questions. Another way to invite dialogue is by asking questions. You can be playful with something like, “I’m determined to find the best pizza in the city. Any tips?
3. Be concise. You may have a lot of great things to say, but consider that the average online dater spends just a few minutes (or less) on your profile. If you can capture your personality and interests in a few short paragraphs, you’re more likely to stand out.
4. Post recent photos. Being concise applies to your photos, as well. If you have too many shots you may confuse the viewer who will wonder what you really look like. Ideally, you should include 2 recent shots-a close up and a full-length. Not surprising, a number of people have told me they’re suspicious if they don’t see a body shot.
5. Be you. Skip the clichés. You may work and play hard, but almost every profile says the same. Consider highlighting a few of your unique attributes or experiences. Nothing will attract your match more than being yourself.
My friend once described online dating like shopping at a big discount department store-you have to sift through a lot of junk to find the gems! If your keep these tips in mind, you’re more likely to stand out.